The sample below is for a Accounting and Transportation Coordinator Resume. This resume was written by a ResumeMyCareer professional resume writer, and demonstrates how a resume for a Accounting and Transportation Coordinator Candidate should be properly created. Our Certified Professional Resume Writers can assist you in creating a professional document for the job or industry of your choice.
Get Started Now!
Driven business development specialist, strategic planner and accounting professional with more than 5 years of experience. Excellent accountant with exceptional relationship-building skills and resource optimization skills. Committed to increasing revenue, maximizing performance and providing the highest levels of operations satisfaction. Manager with innovative ideas and strategies, thrives to meet goals and exceed expectations.
• Innovative thinker, willing to take the lead, offering excellent communications skills, and exceptional analytical and organizing capabilities.
• Excellent management professional with experience contributing to advanced financial services performance.
• Deliver dynamic, charismatic and straightforward leadership to the workplace environment with track record of excellence in client service management, business development, and financial management
Financial Accounting • Forecasting • Budgeting • Auditing • Accounting Structure & Systems • Financial & Non-Financial Reporting • Compliance • Business Development • Account Management • Strategic Planning • Team Leadership/Motivation • Client Services • Business Intelligence (BI) • Shipments • Operations Improvement Profit & Volume Growth • Project Management • Reporting
John Wiley & Sons, Somerset • NJ 2006 – Present
Accountable for the coordination of inbound, outbound shipments to and from US distribution center, as well as drop shipments from vendors. Efficiently performed daily accounts payable duties including vendor setup, payment, voucher discrepancies, and general ledger adjustments. Proficiently analyzed ship methods used by the customer service department to ensure selection of optimal ship methods to minimize cost. Supported transportation manger by running various queries and reports to assist in decision-making. Aided exhibit services department by performing audits on freight costs as required. Performed International Coordinator’s duties including and not limited to preparing customs documentation for international shipments to freight forwarders and overseas subsidiaries, communicating with colleagues overseas to ensure Wiley books ship out in a timely manner to fulfill overseas orders.
• Orchestrated inspection of charges on freight invoices to ensure proper application of incentives based on freight terms.
• Instrumental as a liaison between warehouse and customer service department to ensure customer-shipping requests are adhered to as per provided routing instructions.
Scanwell Logistics, Lyndhurst • NJ 2004 – 2006
Spearheaded the analysis of Air/Ocean costs provided by operations department, and provided shipping quotes while maintaining margins set by import manager. Followed up on leads provided by overseas offices, and attempted to form relationships with new customers.
• Effectively negotiated with carriers to obtain competitive rates for customers.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Master of Business Administration, Accounting – in progress
Montclair State University, Montclair • NJ
BS, Business Economics
Rutgers University, New Brunswick • NJ
Technical Skills: Microsoft Office Professional Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), AS-400, JD Edwards