The sample below is for an Automotive Engineering Resume. This resume was written by a ResumeMyCareer professional resume writer, and demonstrates how a resume for a Automotive Engineer and Production Management candidate should be properly created.
123 Main St. • New York, NY 11111
(888) 888-8888 • email@example.com
AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING & PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
Industry management specialist with rich experience in mechanical engineering, project management, production management and quality control. Offers unparalleled integrity, initiative, resourcefulness, consistency, and diligence in achieving both short and long-term goals and business objectives. Experienced professional recognized for building strong client relationships while leveraging excellent negotiating skills to achieve success. Possess excellent communications skills and team oriented with proven leadership capabilities. Pragmatic project engineer with distinguished experience leading product engineering/administration operations, product deployment, and process engineering for turnaround and high-growth organizations. Repeated success guiding sizeable, cross-functional teams in the launch of leading-edge technical solutions. Exceptional ability to develop and maintain key corporate and vendor relationships and direct the efforts of team personnel towards the attainment of stipulated goals. Delivers charismatic and straightforward leadership to the workplace environment.
Areas of expertise include:
• Honed rich expertise in best practices/compliance, technology deployments, system automation, project deployment/rollouts, reporting and tracking.
• Exhibits confidence and trust in inspiring teams, and possesses strong professional ethics.
• Executive and proactive project leader; able to direct multiple tasks effectively and master outcomes.
• Technically savvy leader anticipating and delivering the highest standards of excellence in program manufacturing, operations improvement, re-engineering, experimentation, and project management.
• Problem solver invigorated by creating viable solutions to complex issues. Motivator able to propel the productivity of personnel.
• Track record of developing highly successful campaigns within budget, on schedule and surpassing corporate goals.
• Adept at leading by example, marshaling resources and creating professional atmosphere to accomplish objectives. Natural communicator with strong motivational skills and the ability to support operational goals and meet business objectives.
Automotive Manufacturing • Continuous Improvement • Quality Control • Distribution Management & Sales • Product Engineering • Project Management Manufacturing Management • Communication • Client Relations • Business Development • Forecasting & Analysis • Strategic Planning • Training & Development • Reporting • Testing • Inspection • Maintenance • Troubleshooting
ABC Inc., Warren • MI 2008 – Present
Automotive Plastics Engineer
Spearhead management of a thermoplastic recycling plant which receives truckloads of post industrial scrap plastic from automotive suppliers like Faurecia, Collins & Aikman, Mollertech, and Visteon. Reclaim plastic by dismantling parts, sorting plastic types, granulating, custom compounding/extruding, drying, packaging, and shipping recycled plastic to industrial mold injection clients. Efficiently supervise plant of 60 workers on two shifts and aid in the melt-flow testing of thermoplastic polymers.
• Oversee lab work consisting of melt-flow indexing, ash content testing, and Rockwell hardness testing as well as determining extent of batch constituents to meet final order specifications.
• Orchestrate ash content testing to measure inorganic filler content of plastics and Rockwell Hardness testing.
ABC, Dearborn • MI 2001 – 2008
Design & Release Engineer
Successfully worked with engineering functions, suppliers and plant personnel to implement material cost reductions (MCRs) and product improvements in climate control components. Investigated component failures using 8D’s, provided solutions and implemented changes. Extensively used FMEA for quality assurance to direct testing and prototype activities. Assembly Feasibility – FTT, BTV and OEE improvements. Well equipped with working knowledge of WERS/AIMS/GPIRS/CPARS/GPDS/CMMS software and 8Ds to resolve possible quality related issues. Ensured system met all FMVSS and corporate requirements and initiated, tracked and maintained engineering discipline documents such as PFMEA, DFMEA, DVP&R. Extensive familiarity with APQP, FMVSS & TS16949 Requirements set by Automotive OEMs. Supported resolution of build issues, resolved plant engine build issues and managed the open product design issues list with a focus on managing and driving technical issues to closure. Supported design reviews and open issues meetings and provided launch and post production support. Documented development changes and ensured all parts/drawings are released/maintained at the latest rev. level in BOM. Evaluated the reliability and warranty impact of design and cost reduction changes to existing components. Analyzed warranty and call center data to identify top field issues and then utilize structured 8D problem solving methods to identify root cause and develop corrective action.
• Served as a MCR Champion for cost-savings initiatives. Conceptualized, developed and launched new products using standard engineering disciplines, including DVP&R, DFMEA, PFMEA, APQP, 8D’s and Control Plans.
• Innovatively designed and released climate control components including compressor, accumulator, heater core, condenser, evap core, heater control valve, electromagnetic clutch, thermostatic expansion valve and fixed orifice tube.
• Lead the creation and maintenance of quality documents ( Control Plans, DVP&R, PFMEA, DFMEA) and incorporate necessary actions.
• Championed FPDS Integrator, planned and monitored the tasks of each project and conducted monthly assessments of program compliance to approved milestone dates.
• Supported program financial targets and cost reduction initiatives by generating cost reduction ideas (MCRs), creating and maintaining product cost sheets and tracking design to cost.
Developed, tested and calibrated various Exhaust After Treatment Devices including bypass valves, pup converters, EVAP canisters, converters, PCV, EGR, AIS, and O2 sensors to reduce emissions in accordance with government emissions standards. Familiarity with fuel economy and emissions test methods (FTP). Experience in vehicle data acquisition, data transfer, post processing and reporting. Extensive experience developing fuel systems, including fuel tank, fuel pump, fuel lines, fuel regulator and fuel injectors.
• Developed fuel system components and evaporative emissions control hardware into high volume, robust designs.
Facilitated the management of 70 employees and three product improvement teams from cold test through final assembly for 4.6L V8 Engine and implemented modern quality management techniques. Heavily interacted with Accounting, Quality Control, and Personnel on maximization of production line operation. Liaised and worked with chief engineers on production problem resolution. Determined manufacturing process
and design tolerances accordingly. Recommended and implemented continuous improvements in sequence of operations. Handled three product improvement teams, implemented modern quality management techniques. Led meetings and reviewed production and safety data. Assisted in the design, quotation, build and installation of all equipment necessary to manufacture new products and worked closely with vendors and plant engineers in launch of products. Created quality plans and monitored SPC control charts for verification of product quality and manufacturability. Maintained quality records and documents (DFMEA, PFMEA,SPC Control Charts).
• Defined and coordinated design and procurement of tools; maintained and improved existing tools.
• Resolution of chronic and critical supplier issues (for example, issues with O2 Sensors, Heat Shields, Exhaust Manifolds, Rocker Covers, EGR Valves, Piston Rings).
• Planned equipment layout and workflow at Ingersoll-Rand for new engine assembly line. Defined and coordinated the design and procurement of new tools, maintained and improved existing tools.
• Realized more than $200,000 in annual savings by reducing scrap and managed the cost reduction program, and produced daily production and downtime reports.
• Performed Assembly Feasibility Studies – FTT, BTV and OEE improvements
Prior 2001: Worked as a Development Engineer at ABC, Detroit • MI
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
MS, Mechanical Engineering
Wayne State University, Detroit • MI
BS, Mechanical Engineering
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor • MI
Certification: Green Belt Certified
Language Proficiency: Spanish
Technical Skills: Microsoft Office Professional Suite (Project, Excel, Word, Power Point)
Member, NSBE, National Society of Black Engineers
Member, SAE, Society of Automotive Engineers
Get Started Now!