The sample below is for a Emergency Management Resume. This resume was written by a ResumeMyCareer professional resume writer, and demonstrates how a resume for a Emergency Management Candidate should be properly created. Our Certified Professional Resume Writers can assist you in creating a professional document for the job or industry of your choice.
Get Started Now!
Responsible and highly motivated professional with solid and diverse experience in emergency management, disaster planning, preparation and recovery. Highly motivated, dependable, and demonstrates professionalism in handling disaster response and crises management. Goal-oriented coupled with outstanding technical knowledge and ability to act quickly and calmly in emergency situations. Innovative and reliable individual with proven ability to achieve organizational goals while displaying effective multi-tasking and management skills. Excellent analytical skills with keen attention to detail, ability to analyze situations, and research information to develop sound and ethical solutions. Outstanding communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills able to interact with individuals at all levels, develop, and build strategic relationships with clients.
Organizational Leadership•Operations Management•Project Coordination•Team Management•Strategic Planning & Execution•Health & Safety Regulations•Polices/Procedures Compliance•Emergency Management Planning
CAREER SKILLS AND HIGHLIGHTS
• Able to work collaboratively with others, gather information, solicit feedback, and implement appropriate course of action to ensure best outcomes.
• Offers unparalleled integrity, initiative, resourcefulness, consistency, and diligence in achieving objectives and both short and long-term goals.
• Results-oriented, able to balance multiple responsibilities, consistently delivering results on time.
• Adept at leading by example, marshaling resources and creating professional atmosphere to accomplish objectives.
• Natural communicator with strong motivational skills and the ability to support operational goals and meet objectives.
• Consistently maintain high level of professionalism and integrity in dealing with clients and building long-term relationship with all levels of management
• Demonstrate expertise in executing disaster response and recovery activities as well as in Public and External Affairs
• Proven ability to manage high volume workloads under strict deadlines, expertly prioritizing and organizing tasks.
• Proficient in evaluating problems, formulating comprehensive decisions to achieve positive change, and refocus on new priorities.
Federal Emergency Management Agency, Washington • DC/Oakland • CA 9/1997 – Present
Disaster Assistance/Employee (DAE)/Public Affairs Cadre/ (DAE) External Affairs Cadre
StarCom TV Services, Inc/The Video Tape Com, Inc.North Hollywood • CA 8/1992 – 9/1997
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) of the Southland, Inc., Los Angeles • CA 8/1992 – 9/1997
Director, Public & Media Relations
Los Angeles Community College (LACC), Los Angeles • CA/Osan Air Base • Korea 9/1971 – 5/1972
US Air Force (USAF) 9/1968 – 5/1991
WBNS-TV10 (CBS), Columbus • OH 4/1968 – 8/1968
Floor Director; Stage/Set Manager
WVKO-1230AM, Columbus • OH 6/1967 – 2/1968
Radio Disc Jockey
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
MBA (Business Management), 6/1985 – 3/1986
University of Maryland, College Park, MD
Graduated B.A Radio & TV Broadcasting, 12/1982
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAININGS
Advance C.E.R.T (Community Emergency Response Team) Training Course: Faith Base Emergency Response Training: FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) courses.
California Emergency Services Association: Disaster Risk Reduction for Health Group: Emergency Management and Homeland Security Professionals: International Association of Emergency Managers: Professionals in Emergency Management