The sample below is for a Equal Employment Specialist Resume. This resume was written by a ResumeMyCareer professional resume writer, and demonstrates how a resume for a Equal Employment Specialist Candidate should be properly created. Our Certified Professional Resume Writers can assist you in creating a professional document for the job or industry of your choice.
Get Started Now!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST
Accomplished and dynamic professional, with strong knowledge and background in concepts, principles, and methods of equal employment opportunity to resolve complex systemic problems throughout the EEO program. Service focused, recognized for achieving organizational goals, and ability to deliver various aspects of operations with extensive experience in project and issue-resolution management. Highly reliable and detail-oriented professional with excellent project management skills and ability to compile and analyze statistical and other data to evaluate affirmative employment progress including employment trends and practices, and program evaluations to deliver recommendations and process improvements. Proactive, with a team-oriented attitude possessing strong analytical and interpersonal skills coupled with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Organizational Leadership • Program Management & Reporting • Complaints Evaluation & Resolution
• Solutions Assessment & Configuration • Staff Training & Development • Process Monitoring & Improvement
• Customer Service • Team Coordination
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE, Washington, DC 1994 – Present
EEO Specialist – GS-0260-12/7 (Affirmative Employment and Diversity Outreach) 6/2011 – Present
Function as main point of contact for all data request, and all statistical data and analyses on affirmative action in response to inquiries from the department, Associate Director, Regional Directors, Human Resources, Investigators, and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Research and analyze statistical and other data to evaluate affirmative employment progress, identify employment areas, and evaluate programs in order to make recommendations and programmatic changes.
• Serve as a core team member in accomplishing large Affirmative Employment Program Projects, Allies of Inclusion, and iDiRecT.
• Support the EEO’s chief to in providing advice to managers on all matters related to the EEO Affirmative Employment and Diversity Outreach Program and on the feasibility and impact of EEO plans, policies, and decisions based on MD-715.
• Provide guidance to managers and employees on EEO program requirements. Deliver written analysis and briefing of the statistical data on the effectiveness of EEO program.
• Negotiate settlement agreements through careful facilitation of disputes between employees and supervisors.
• Collaborate with cross-functional departments on the design of data reporting requirements, development of evaluation criteria, conduct of studies, and development of surveys to generate sufficient information about a program or facet of a program for analysis.
• Develop written reports used for presentations, improve staffing and coordination, and in conducting training.
• Generate written annual reports performed by the former manager of the Affirmative Employment and Diversity Outreach Branch.
EEO Specialist – GS-0260-12/7 (Informal Processing in Complaints and Adjudication Branch) 1994 – 6/2011
Served as a team leader in the Informal Processing; provided leadership and program management to a diverse team of EEO Counselors. Monitored the progress of the informal EEO Counseling of the other EEO Counselors ensuring compliance with regulatory time constraints.
• Functioned as the technical expert on the Informal EEO complaint processing issues for NPS and other DOI agencies and organizations.
• Acted as an EEO Counselor handling complex cases and directed coordination of all alternative dispute resolution (ADR) techniques.
• Served as a CORE Plus mediator and consulted with management and/or employees to determine needs and explore possibilities for mediation. Facilitated meeting for diverse groups.
• Served as an EEO Specialist in the Formal Processing; developed correspondence on letters of acceptance and dismissal and sufficiency reviewed investigative plans.
• Acted as a representative in the administration of contract services for investigation and case analysis.
• Managed the EEO Complaints using the iComplaints tracking system. Gathered facts and coordinated with respondents to develop solutions.
• Provided advice and counseling to management, supervisors, and employees on procedures or policy issues related to civil rights procedures and processes.
• Developed organized and understandable proposals and strategies for improving work situations and relationships.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Human Resources Management (GPA = 3.4), Currently Attending
Strayer University – Washington, DC
CERTIFICATES & ACHIEVEMENTS
Certificate for Excellent Work on 90-Detail, 04/2011
Department of the Interior, Office of Civil Rights, Affirmative Employment and Diversity Branch
CORE Plus Mediator, 12/2010
Certified/Licensed EEO Counselor
Superior Performance Rating (2nd Highest), 12/2010
Nominated Member; National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS), 12/2010
Microsoft Office 2010, FPPS, Hyperion v184.108.40.206, EEO MD715, iComplaints