The sample below is for a Higher Education Resume. This resume was written by a ResumeMyCareer professional resume writer, and demonstrates how a resume for a Higher Education Candidate should be properly created. Our Certified Professional Resume Writers can assist you in creating a professional document for the job or industry of your choice.
123 Main St. • New York, NY 11111
(888) 888-8888 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Highly-motivated professional with extensive graduate-level education within Higher Education. Upwards of 15 years of relevant work experience, in varying industries. Detail-oriented individual with expertise in in career development, higher education strategy and oversight, human resource development. Driven partner eager for professional growth, increased responsibility, and the opportunity to leverage and apply existing higher education and adult learning proficiencies within a progressive academic institution.
Advocacy • Higher Education • Adult Learning • Leadership • Curriculum Development • Individual Counseling • Issue Resolution • Staff Leadership/Mentor • Workforce Planning
Doctor of Education, ABC University (Minneapolis, MN) 9/2009 – Present
Concentration: Higher Education and Adult Learning
Master of Human Resource Development, Clemson University, (Clemson, SC)
Concentration: Education Training and Development
Bachelor of Science in Human Resources Management, Southern Wesleyan University, (Central, SC)
Requirements also met for Business Administration
National GCDF Certified (Career Development Facilitator), (Greenville, SC)
Professional Development / Training
Human Resources Skills and Training
Certified GCDF; Benefits/Payroll Administration; Recruiting and Training; Personnel Evaluations; Applicant Selections; Terminations; Project Management; Organizational Development; Human Resource; Law (EEO/AA, FMLA, COBRA); Coaching/Problem Solving; Employee Relations; Safety and Workers Compensation; certified Training Facilitator; Instructional Design;QS9000;Civil Treatment; Zeigler Miller; Leadership Counseling & Development; State and Federal Laws; Presentation; Program Designing; Instructional Material Design; Career Counseling; Mentoring; Training and Liability; Evaluation and Training; Laws and Liability; Education Employee counseling and Training; Performance Technology; tutoring and assessments; Resume Writing; Affirmative Action; EEOC Officer; Applicant Tracking; Applicant Screening; Marketing Strategies.
Additional Training Experience
Certified GCDF; Individualized Education Program (IEP) Training; Classroom Management; Teaching Strategies. Culture Diff; Homebound Instructor and Collaborative Learning; Career Counseling; Certified Training Facilitator; Instructional Design; business education; human resources development; college teaching and Training Manuals – Self Directed Workforce Management – HAZMAT/ Safety Training – Civil Treatment – Kaizen Training – CAPS Training Continuous Improvement and Just in Time (JIT) Training – QS 9000 Certification and Training, Evaluation and Training Needs Analysis, Curriculum Assessment, Presentation/Program Designing, Instructional Material Designing, Business Management, Serve-Safe, Marketing, Crisis Management, Team Management, Student Counseling training, Fund raising, Public Relation coordinate workshops. WEB CT, Career Exploration, Money Management, Home Ownership Counselor, online teaching, Certified Career Development Facilitator.
ABC, (Greenville, SC) 10/2008 – Present
• Conduct monthly counseling sessions for family and children at the office and in their homes.
• Monitor and evaluate individual progress and document findings through monthly reports.
ABC, (Greenville, SC) 11/2008 – 10/2009
• Taught and mentored students in various courses including portfolio classes, culture classes and comp 1 classes.
• Prepared lesson plans and developed projects and exams for students to complete as part of the curriculum.
ABC, (Greenville, SC) 08/2006 – 09/2008
• Developed and designed instructional materials for the courses and curriculum.
• Performed student advisement and career counseling to facilitate employment readiness.
ABC, (Greenville, SC) [Insert Dates]
Human Resource Manager I
• Oversaw the hiring process including applicant tracking and employment screening.
• Facilitated all human resource responsibilities with the HR Director and VP of Diversity.
ABC, (Greenville, SC) 00/2005 – 12/2007
Employment and Education Event Specialist
• Collaborated with agency staff, human service personnel, private representatives, and industry professionals to coordinate fundraising events, education and employment job fairs, skill workshops and career counseling sessions.
• Coordinated and scheduled employment preparation classes with various agencies.
ABC, (Central, SC) 12/2001 – 12/2008
• Created instructional materials and developed the overall curriculum for the Human Resources and Business Management courses.
• Advised students on career opportunities as well as proper ways to handle themselves in the workplace.
ABC, (Greenville, SC) 08/2001 – 10/2005
Special Resources / Assistant / Long-Term Substitute Teacher
• Instructed and mentored Special Education students with their careers and lifestyles.
• Developed lesson plans and performed student evaluations while adhering to state standards and school policies and procedures.
ABC, (Rock Hill, SC) 01/1996 – 08/2002
Human Resources Manager
• Managed all facets of HR related responsibilities including training, benefit enrollment, workman’s compensation, hiring, employee termination, and ensured the company was compliant with state and federal regulations.
• Oversaw personnel development including implementing training programs, educating employees on safety awareness and maintaining positive employee satisfaction.’
ABC, (Kannapolis, NC) 00/1998 – 00/2001
• Managed the logistical operations while overseeing shipping distribution, inventory control, and tracking systems.
• Facilitated all employee interviews, screening, hiring, training, orientation sessions, and evaluations.
ABC, (Charlotte, NC) 00/1996 – 00/1998
• Managed the sewing automotive fabrication departments while managing associates and various personnel.
Honors / Awards / Activities
PRESIDENT ASSOCIATION COMMITTEE
ASTD (American Society for Training and Development) Member
CSTD (Carolina Society for Training and Development) Member
Member of the Greenville, SC Lions Club (Pleasant burg)
Member of Business Associates of America
Member of NCBI
Volunteer Reading/Writing tutoring/counseling and mentoring
Member of SCANPO (SOUTH CAROLINA ASSOCIATION FOR NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION)
Member of GCDF
Member of the Foster Parents Association
Volunteer Guardian Ad Litem
Board of Director “Friends of Greenville, SC”
SAP; Web Technology; Microsoft Office 2007- 2008 Office Solutions; Internet Research
Get Started Now!