The sample below is for a Human Resources Business Partner Resume. This resume was written by a ResumeMyCareer professional resume writer, and demonstrates how a resume for a Human Resources Business Partner Candidate should be properly created. Our Certified Professional Resume Writers can assist you in creating a professional document for the job or industry of your choice.
Get Started Now!
HR: EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT
HR management executive senior management professional revolutionizing Human Resources operations for corporate entities using demonstrated proficiency in program management, performance management, payroll management, employee recruitment & retention, contract negotiations, and benefits administration. Dynamic leader facilitating organizational development as a stabilizing force capably navigating major changes ranging from rapid growth to workforce reductions. Knowledgeable advisor to organizational leaders.
Areas of expertise include:
• Quantifiable expertise in regulatory compliance, contract negotiation, implementation and benefit administration, recruitment and training.
• Growth-focused catalyst developing and executing viable business programs, including for training, as well as results-producing policies & procedures. Engineered measurably higher employee morale and retention.
HR Department Startup • Employment Law • FMLA/ADA/EEO/WC • Mediation & Advocacy • HRIS Technologies • Talent Management • Staff Recruitment & Retention • Employee Engagement • Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) • Benefits Administration • Orientation & On-Boarding • Training & Development Performance Management • Organizational Effectiveness & Development (OED) • Change Management Succession Planning • OFCCP Compliant • OSHA Compliance • Strategic HR Consulting & Management Contract Negotiations • Policy & Procedure Development • Diversity Planning • Corporate Accountability
Convergys Corporation, Baton Rouge • LA 2008 – Present
Human Resources Business Partner
Successfully ensured policies and procedures are implemented for all employee relations, labor relations, hiring practices, change management, risk management, performance management, OSHA Safety, FMLA, Workers Compensation, Unemployment claims, RIF, employee separations, benefits administration, leave administration, employee incentives programs, reporting, logging, metrics tracking and other functions for 3 HR departments with an employee base of 1000+ exempt and non-exempt employees within region. Guided leaders and managers through complex employee relations issues. Oversaw performance management initiatives and coached managers and supervisors on disciplinary action and performance management procedures. Partnered with business leaders to plan and implement leadership development strategies. Supported professional development, executive coaching, and management skill training, through Strategic Human Resources Business Partnerships. Educated, trained, updated, and consulted management on policy changes, on boarding, code of conduct, FMLA policy and benefits information. Coached leadership team on 360 degree feedback interpretation and feedback.
• Instrumental in fostering a teamwork/open-door environment conducive to positive dialogue across the site which resulted in the employee-retention rate of 89% within an industry where high turnover is the norm.
• Supported professional development, executive coaching, and management skill training, through Strategic Human Resources Business Partnerships.
• Strategically brought workers’ compensation program into full compliance and instituted preferred providers list and trained managers and associates on procedures to follow in case of injury.
• Championed the reduction of benefits costs by 15% annually through meticulous recordkeeping and ensuring that company did not pay for benefits for which employees were ineligible.
• Revised job descriptions across all levels and 50+ categories. “Shadowed” and interviewed employees to construct an accurate picture of the duties and skills required for each position.
NC Office of the Courts, Superior Court, Charlotte • NC 2003 – 2008
Mediations Manager, HR Dispute Resolutions Team
Served as the Senior mediator for NC Department of Labor HR employment law litigations. Effectively contracted with the state of NC to provide objective 3rd party mediations for workers compensation, wage and labor, employee contracts, wrongful terminations, harassment and employment law unsettled litigations for state and private sector employees. Supervised a staff of 5 admin and mediators within the HR Superior Courts Office.
• Orchestrated an overall success rate of 98% favourable mediations for the Charlotte Mecklenburg NC court system via alternative dispute resolutions.
• Proficiently acted as neutral party involving complex and escalated employment law issues within the public and private sector.
• Honored as 2008 Mediator of the Year by the City Manager’s office.
Samaritan’s Purse, Charlotte • NC 2007 – Year
Sr. HR Generalist
Reported to the Director of Human Resources, constructed formal policy and procedure manual, employee training and development, organizational design and development, benefits administration, compensation planning, leave administration, recruitment and retention procedures, exit interviewing and additional HR strategic initiatives. Provided and planned daily leadership and guidance for all plant resources and business units. Recruited, supervised, handled employee relation issues, and uploaded payroll timecards & edits. Partnered and negotiated contracts with United Healthcare and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO and PPO to develop discounted employee benefits plans for exempt and non-exempt employees. Implemented strategic annual enrolment process and provided thorough employee benefits enrolment training for all employees and management via Webinar and On-site trainings.
• Efficiently collaborated with executive leadership to develop HR direction and strategy which enabled organizational goals and strategic objectives are met.
• Conceptualized and implemented the company’s first PeopleSoft HRMS/HRIS system, transitioning employee records into electronic data.
Bank of America, Corporate Headquarters, Charlotte • NC 1999 – 2006
Sr. Human Resources Generalist, HR Unit Manager
Skilfully coached and consulted with managers and employees on Employee Relations issues such as performance, terminations, career development, and talent management. Created a positive work environment through employee engagement in the BOC customer contact center environment. Prioritized tasks and managed multiple ad-hoc projects in all dimensions of this function. Effectively communicated departmental strategies to management teams, planned, maintained and managed major budget for all HR initiatives pertaining to business unit. Ensured all ethics policies and procedures are conducted, while maintaining compliance. Administered corporate ethics program ensuring business unit remains consistent with company’s values and ethics protocol.
• Ensured proper corporate compliance initiatives are implemented including OFCCP, EEO, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, Sarbanes-Oxley, Succession planning and other related disciplines.
• Demonstrated excellent conflict resolution strategies for all employees and management within business unit.
• Effectively partnered with broader HR executive team resources to successfully execute HR initiatives.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
MBA, HR Management
Strayer University, Charlotte • NC
BA, Speech Communication
Metro State College of Denver, Denver • CO
Training and Development
• MSC (Certified Mediator)
• SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources), 2012
• Completed ongoing training in the areas of compensation and benefits, employee and labor relations, leaves of absence, workers’ compensation and workplace safety/security.
Kenexa, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Org Plus, HireXpress, CRDB, iMDS, PeopleClick, ADP, JD Edwards
Microsoft Office Professional Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
Member, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Member, Triangle Society for Human Resource Management (TSHRM)
Member, Greater Baton Rouge Society for Human Resource Management (GBHSHRM)