The sample below is for a Marketing and Communications Professional Resume. This resume was written by a ResumeMyCareer professional resume writer, and demonstrates how a resume for a Marketing and Communications Professional Candidate should be properly created. Our Certified Professional Resume Writers can assist you in creating a professional document for the job or industry of your choice.
Get Started Now!
Leadership position in Marketing & Communications
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 15+ years of progressive responsibility and leadership in designing and implementing marketing, communications and business development strategies that improve positioning of products, services and organizations.
• Highly creative and analytical, adept at evaluating markets, identifying needs and opportunities, and developing marketing solutions that bring in new revenue sources and expand market reach.
• Dynamic, persuasive presenter, able to articulate vision and message to diverse stakeholders to achieve buy-in and skilled in building meaningful, win-win partnerships.
• Organized and resourceful, able to balance competing priorities to complete projects and initiatives within deadlines and budgets.
2006-pres. PRESIDIO SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, San Francisco, CA
Vice President for Business Development
• Worked closely with CEO to set and articulate long-term vision and goals of school. Oversaw development of business planning process, including strategic positioning, branding and fundraising.
• Created an innovative business development strategy and delivered presentations on the strategic business plan to Board, faculty, students and potential partners.
• Designed and launched innovative Executive Education program in Sustainable Management, in partnership with business.
• Cultivated new business partnerships with key decision-makers at start-ups, Fortune 100 companies and government agencies to bring in new resources and develop opportunities for collaboration to achieve sustainability objectives.
• Led corporate rebrand process from strategy to implementation engaging key stakeholders groups.
• Identified sponsorship opportunities and organized community and business events.
• Created and wrote online and print content for brochure, proposals, website, outreach, admissions and press materials.
2002-06 BRIDGE HOUSING CORPORATION, San Francisco, CA
Fund Development & Communications Director
• Designed communications strategies and launched comprehensive rebranding of California’s largest affordable housing real estate developer, including B2B marketing channels and interior redesign of corporate headquarters.
• Led team in the design and implementation of marketing and publicity activities, including special events, grand openings, open houses and establishment of partnerships with business, government and the local community.
• Oversaw development, administration and tracking of lean operating budget.
• Produced website and wrote web content, articles, press releases, collateral, annual reports, online newsletters, and other media and marketing materials.
• Launched campaigns that resulted in annual revenue of more than $2M in grants and contributions, and more than $5M in program-related investment funds.
2001-02 GLOBAL SECURITY INSTITUTE, San Francisco, CA
Director of Marketing & Development
• Developed and implemented marketing efforts to support this international organization founded by the late Senator Alan Cranston to promote the abolition of nuclear weapons worldwide.
• Initiated and orchestrated high-profile media and special events at the United Nations headquarters in New York, to engage, educate and mobilize major donors, partners, policy-makers and diplomats from the U.S. and abroad.
• Worked closely with Board members, program staff and consultants to design organizational strategy and build institutional capacity.
1999-01 SCHOOLS ONLINE, San Jose, CA
Business Development Director & Consultant
• Collaborated with technical and graphics teams to redesign logo, branding, marketing materials and website, utilizing multimedia tools to create a new look and feel for the organization. Designed and wrote web content.
• Initiated business development activities in Uganda and South Africa, resulting in expansion of educational programming.
• Designed and delivered dynamic presentations to investor networks at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, and at additional sales meetings.
• Developed and oversaw corporate fundraising and business development strategies to secure annual budget of $4M from foundations, entrepreneurs and venture capitalists.
1997-99 GORBACHEV FOUNDATION, San Francisco, CA
Director of Marketing
• Developed marketing and fundraising activities for the international State of the World Forum and other special events. Generated more than $1.5M in revenue and sponsorships from corporate, foundation and individual sources.
• Identified and recruited high-profile leaders from business, government and entertainment sectors to be keynote speakers and presenters at prestigious international conferences.
• Created special initiatives to advance women and youth participation through philanthropic investments, resulting in new partnerships and increased program and corporate involvement.
• Designed referral programs and campaigns, increasing revenue base by more than 20%.
1995-97 WORLD LEARNING, Washington, DC
• Developed strategies to promote partnership-based projects among NGOs, government agencies and the industrial sector in Eastern Europe and Asia.
• Conducted field research and needs assessment for program development in seven countries.
• Created and managed new program and funding opportunities to support community development efforts. Identified and cultivated new donor and investment resources.
1993-95 ENVIRONMENTAL CAREERS ORGANIZATION, Boston, MA
• Honored as a Business Fellow by the U.S.-Asia Environmental Partnership.
• Directed overall program design, budget development, fundraising, media relations and outreach.
• Created and implemented a nationally recognized technical assistance and national environmental grant-making program. Raised more than $1.2M, which increased program revenue by over 300%.
Previous experience includes:
Marketing Manager, Omni/MediVision, Boston, MA
Direct Marketing Manager, Grand Circle Travel, Boston, MA
Business Manager, Adaptive Environment Center, Boston, MA
Membership Development Director, National Toxics Campaign Fund, Boston, MA
B.S., Business Administration, Northeastern University, Boston, MA