The sample below is for a Mechanical Design Resume. This resume was written by a ResumeMyCareer professional resume writer, and demonstrates how a resume for a Mechanical Design Candidate should be properly created. Our Certified Professional Resume Writers can assist you in creating a professional document for the job or industry of your choice.
Get Started Now!
A dynamic, team spirited and performance driven engineering professional highly experienced in mechanical designing for industrial and commercial equipment with in-depth knowledge of product designing standards and working mechanism of mechanical products. Proficient in product designing, product testing, diagnosis and troubleshooting, recognized for keen ability to improve component design, increase efficiency, and decrease the need for re-engineering. A proven leader and an excellent communicator recognized for ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across cross-functional teams and diverse individuals at any levels.
Operations & Project Management • Program Planning & Coordination • Needs Assessment • Training
• Interdepartmental Collaboration • Team Management & Development • Training Delivery
CAREER SKILLS AND HIGHLIGHTS
• Well-experienced in 3D modelling design, detailing, specification of material, and documentation for manufacturing processes.
• Skilled in creating final drawings using dual dimensioning (Metric-English), GD&T, and standard welding terms & definitions (AWS A3.0)
• Practiced in checking dimension and tolerance of parts for form, fit, and function, comparing multiple designs in relation or one part to another and relation of various parts to whole structure with the possibility of redesigning a new version of the product.
• Highly competent in preparing cost estimates by obtaining quotes and pricing on custom parts, OEM parts, materials.
• Proficient in project coordination and involvement in all phases of manufacturing from beginning to end. Instrumental in all phases of assembly interacting with technicians on making modifications as necessary.
• Well-trained in creating final proposed drawings, checking dimension of part, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure of project.
• Competent in creating final assembly and sub-assembly documentation to include specifications and bill of materials.
Mechanical Designer JBT FoodTech • Lakeland, FL 06/2008 – 05/2012
Engineering Project Design Manager Edwards Manufacturing Industries • Tampa, FL 06/2007 – 06/2008
Mechanical Engineering Designer Trak Microwave, Corp. • Tampa, FL 11/2005 – 06/2007
Mechanical Engineering Designer Electro-Mechanical Solutions, Inc. St. • Petersburg, FL 06/2003 – 11/2005
Mechanical Engineering Designer Innovative Design & Engineering, Inc. • Tampa, FL 03/2002 – 05/2003
Product Engineer ACME Dynamics, Inc. • Plant City, FL 11/1999 – 02/2002
Mechanical Designer Advanced Protection Technologies, Inc. • Clearwater, FL 08/1998 – 10/1999
Mechanical Designer Auto Kinetics, Inc. • Oldsmar, FL 12/1997 – 03/1998
Mechanical Designer/Drafter Plasma-Therm, Inc. • Petersburg, FL 02/1995 – 12/1997
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Associate Degree – Commercial Engineering Drafting Technology, 1989 – 1991
ITT Technical Institute – Tampa, FL
AutoCAD Version 10–2011 using 3D Solid Modeling • Inventor Version 5 – 2012 • Solidworks 2007-2008
WoodWOP 4.5 & 5.0 • Cut-Rite 8.16 • Microsoft Windows 3.11 – XP, Vista, Windows 7, Microsoft Office
GD&T & AMSE Y14.5-2009 • AWS A3.0