The sample below is for a Military Veteran Resume. This resume was written by a ResumeMyCareer professional resume writer, and demonstrates how a resume for a Military Veteran Candidate should be properly created. Our Certified Professional Resume Writers can assist you in creating a professional document for the job or industry of your choice.
Get Started Now!
Dynamic, pioneering and well-heeled Business Professional and military veteran with a demonstrated track record of leading cutting-edge and integrity driven business operations as well as service and support strategies that align perception and create distinction among competitors. Bold, analytical thinker and Business professional with the ability to influence decisions and gain the trust of peers, clients and management teams—adept at identifying and accomplishing business goals, demonstrating broad based and transferable skill sets.
Business Operations • Daily Operations • Reporting • Client Relations • Customer Service/Support • Corrections Heavy Equipment Operations • Operations Improvement Initiatives • Medical Assistance
CAREER SKILLS AND HIGHLIGHTS
• Provide security and safety initiatives as a qualified and certified Corrections Officer for the Georgia prison system.
• Successfully provided integrity and sound work ethic to numerous professions ranging from Law Enforcement, OTR Driver, Nursing Assistant, Bus Driver and Honorably Discharged United States Army Veteran.
• Provided supervisory experience and knowledge in all facets of work history, and garnered the respect and consideration of fellow workers and management.
• Honored with two Military Medals and three Service Ribbons for military Commitment to Excellence throughout military career.
• Provide cross-functional support regarding daily business activities in an effort to promote an efficient work environment
• Assist team members with queries as necessary in an expedited manner
• Implement various procedures and processes in accordance with corporate guidelines and requirements
Columbus Consolidated Government, Muscogee County Prison, Columbus • GA 2005 – Present
Supervise inmates in everyday cleaning and upkeep of prison, and escort prisoners to and from external medical appointments and court apptments.
Columbus Consolidated Government, Public Services Division, Columbus • GA 1998 – 2005
Driving a waste collection vehicle/garbage truck, while supervising two inmates in properly disposal and separating household waste.
Metro Transit, Columbus • GA 1996 – 1998
Safely operate a city transit bus on a perscribed route, and transport publice from point A to point B, and ensure that proper fair is collected from the riders.
McClendon Trucking, Columbus • GA 1995 – 1996
Operate an eighteen wheeler over state highways, from state to state. Deliver and pick up specified products from different companys. Maintain an accurate log book, as required by D.O.T – Department Of Transportation.
Freeway Ford, Columbus • GA 1994 – 1995
Ensure vehicles are full at all times cars were detailed. Inspect cars upon departure and return.
Meadow College/Deerfield Nursing Home, Columbus • GA 1993 – 1994
Assisted nurses in the personal care of the residents. ie taking vital signs, physical therpy, feeding and personal hygeine, of the male patients.
United States Army 1978 – 1990
Ensure that the gunner placed the correct deflection and elevation on the gun sight and that the assistant gunner placed the correct time setting on the fusem, and the correct cheese and or powder bag charge on the round, prior to firing the gun. As the assistant section SSG, monitored to guarantee gun section was properly laid in, and within the left ang right firing limits. All gun squads, were repeated by all fire commands.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / ACCREDITATIONS / HONORS
Held Top Secret Clearance – Valid State Class A CDL License – Certification State Correctional Officer – AAA Drivers Safety Course Certification – CPR/Rescue Breathing Certification – U.S. Army Service Ribbon – Overseas Service Ribbon – Good Conduct Medal – Army Commendation Medal – NCO Professional Development Ribbon – Officer of the Quarter