The sample below is for a Non-Profit Management Fundraising Resume. This resume was written by a ResumeMyCareer professional resume writer, and demonstrates how a resume for a Non-Profit Management Fundraising Candidate should be properly created. Our Certified Professional Resume Writers can assist you in creating a professional document for the job or industry of your choice.
Get Started Now!
Goal-driven and dedicated professional with extensive experience in managing staff and committees and a strong competence in developing, designing and implementing the strategic plans for the organization. Possess solid experience in handling fundraising programs, public relations, and operational management with ability to assess and formulate policies and provide overall program direction. Results-oriented and dependable individual possessing strong familiarity and understanding of various community resources, able to develop strategic partnerships to support community development programs. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills proficient in building good communication channels across multiple sectors while maintaining a portfolio of contacts.
Organizational Leadership • Non-Profit Management • Fundraising • Public Relations & Marketing
• Strategic Planning & Relationship Building • Board Development • Public Speaking • Budget Management
RWJ University Hospital Foundation 02/2011 – Present
Senior Development Director
Develop and launch an aggressive pediatric grant seeking and acquisition program to provide funding for the hospital lead pediatric programs and services. Function as team Co-Leader for the hospital’s first Culture of Philanthropy Charter. Collaborate with clinical and senior staff, physicians and board members to ensure the short and long-term fiscal viability of the foundation.
• Supported the planning and facilitation of the Hospital’s three signature events; the Autumn Ball, 23rd Annual Invitational Golf Classic and the 13th Annual Golf Outing in Support of Children’s Health with a net worth of $500,000.
• Planned and facilitated the annual Care Kids Cancer Walk in the Park (Net: $50,000).
• Developed and launched the hospital’s first Email Campaign (Net: $10,000).
• Established fundraising policies, procedures and programs for gift acceptance, stewardship, board responsibilities, naming opportunities, employee giving and memorials.
East Orange General Hospital 02/2008 – 07/2010
Executive Director of Development / Executive Director of the Foundation
Launched the Foundation’s first Board Retreat, which led to the creation of the foundation’s first strategic plan. Increased the visibility of the hospital through strategic marketing efforts. Developed and maintained systems for ongoing monitoring/evaluation of fundraising efforts. Ensured compliance with all appropriate fundraising regulations.
• Increased physician participation by 50% for all Foundation sponsored events and projects.
• Planned and facilitated the Hospital’s two annual signature events; Ball of the Oranges and a Golf/Tennis Classic (Net: $250,000).
• Coordinated a half million dollar Capital Campaign to create a Wellness Center (Net: $530,000).
• Created and launched the hospital’s first Direct Mail Campaign (Net: $10,000).
St. Joseph’s School for the Blind 11/2006 – 01/2008
Director of Development and Marketing
Managed all facets of the school’s fundraising plan including donor identification and cultivation, face-to-face solicitation, event planning, and continued development of the legacy, endowment, planned giving campaign. Planned and facilitated Donor Cultivation events. Wrote donor communications including letters of intent, proposals, follow-up correspondence, update reports, thank you letters, newsletters, and materials for packets and events.
• Increased grant funding by more than 30% by assisting the management in conceptualizing sound proposals.
• Created and launched a Planned Giving Program.
• Secured and maintained grants private and federal grants (Net: $1.5 million).
• Enhanced and supervised the School’s Annual Direct Mail Campaign (net: $400,000).
• Develop innovative strategies and increased new gifts (Net: $25,000).
• Developed a Marketing Plan to strategically increase the visibility of the School and thereby increase support for programs and services. Created and revamped all marketing pieces including newsletters, annual reports, press releases and brochures.
Family and Children’s Services 01/2005 – 03/2006
Director of Development
Spearheaded the fund raising team in the development and implementation of a fund development plan in accordance with the foundation’s policies and priorities. Designed and facilitated a new marketing plan that included the development of new marketing vehicles such as brochures, fact sheets, newsletters, press releases and the website.
• Secured and maintained grants private and federal grants ($550,000).
• Assessed, established, and secured two major donors ($50,000).
• Created and implemented an online giving campaign.
• Purchased and implemented new fundraising software enabling maintenance of confidentiality of the donor records.
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCES
Statewide Parent Advocacy Network 11/1999 – 12/2003
Director, New Jersey Parent Information Resource Center
Girl Scouts of Rolling Hills 05/1996 – 11/1999
Director, Special Projects
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Masters in Public Administration, currently attending 09/2004 – 05/2007
University of Baltimore – Baltimore, MD
Concentration in Non-Profit Management
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts (Criminal Justice), 08/1986 – 05/1990
University of Delaware – Newark, DE
Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) Candidate, 06/2012
Microsoft Office, Web Technologies, Donor Perfect, Donor Pro, Raisers Edge and Kintera
Minority Achievement Gap, NJ Black Expo
Raising Expectations in the Classroom, Linden Public Schools
Navigating the Digital Divide, Linden Public Schools
“Volunteer Leadership Training, Fundraising & Board Development, Girls Scouts of Rolling Hills
No Child Left Behind, Abbott School Districts
Strengthening Multi-Ethnic Families and Communities and Parents as Teachers, Abbott School Districts
Board Member since 2008; Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
AFP-NJ 2007 Conference Co-Chair/2008 Conference Chair
Chair, NJ Youth in Philanthropy
Association of Black Foundation Executives
Leadership Newark Fellow, 2002
Project Leadership Fellow, 2001
East Orange Rotary Club
NJHA Chief Development Officers Sub Group
Board Member; Orange Chamber of Commerce
Board Member; East Orange Chamber of Commerce
North Essex Chamber of Commerce
North Essex Chamber of Commerce-Emerging Leaders of Essex County
North Essex Chamber of Commerce-Women 2 Women Committee
Committee of 100 Women
United Way Volunteer
Board Member; Metro YMCA of the Oranges
Board Member; YWCA of Essex & West Hudson
Philanthropy Leadership Council