The sample below is for a Nurse Practitioner Resume. This resume was written by a ResumeMyCareer professional resume writer, and demonstrates how a resume for a Nurse Practitioner Candidate should be properly created. Our Certified Professional Resume Writers can assist you in creating a professional document for the job or industry of your choice.
Get Started Now!
Compassionate and dedicated Medical Professional with more than 27 years of extensive training and clinical exposure in the field of health care. Dependable and keen to details with in-depth knowledge of professional nursing principles and techniques, hospital operations, and medical subjects, capable of managing heavy daily patient volume and still able to provide reliable care to patients. Professional, personable, with effective customer service and communication skills, adept at building productive relationships and building rapport with patients, staff, and individuals at any level or background.
Patient Care/Health Administration • Organizing Skills • Planning, Prioritizing & Coordinating Patient Load • Patient Assessment • Clinical Polices/Procedures Compliance • Patient Records/Documentation
CAREER SKILLS AND HIGHLIGHTS
• Highly reliable with ability to follow instructions and work on a team.
• Respectful to others, caring and supportive to patients and family members.
• Proficient in establishing IV access, administer IV sedation under MD orders, delivering discharge instructions to patients, and maintaining patient electronic medical records.
• Proficient in providing primary care health assessments, family planning services, treatments, and health education services, with ability to diagnose and treat deviations from the normal using approved medical protocols.
• Hands-on experience in physical examinations including breast and Pap smear, colposcopy and pelvic examinations.
• Able to interpret diagnostic test, obtaining complete history, including gynecologic, contraceptive, medical, surgical, sexual, family health, and psychosocial.
• Proficient in providing patient care based on the nursing process; being effectively involved with maintaining the standard of care for assigned patients through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation and direct patient care home visits.
• Successfully provided comprehensive ambulatory Women’s Health and Primary Care services to several clinics and Health Care providers in Los Angeles County
• Research Nurse Practitioner for (NIMH) longitudinal HIV research studies.
• Lead facilitator for the curriculum, “Be Proud! Be Responsible” Strategies to Empower Youth to Reduce Their Risk for AIDS”.
• In-depth knowledge on HIV/STD Risk Reduction Intervention – Post-Exposure Prophylaxis Bio behavioral HIV Prevention Intervention.
• Proficient in hospital, home health, and clinic staff relief, with specialization in Intravenous therapy, Chemotherapy, Oncology Care, Maternal/Newborn Care, and Medical/Surgical Nursing.
Total Education Solutions, South Pasadena • CA School Nurse 2008 – Present
Independent Practitioner, Los Angeles • CA Nurse Practitioner 2006 – Present
California State University, Long Beach • CA Nurse Practitioner 2011 – 2012
University Of California, School of Nursing, Los Angeles • CA Nurse Practitioner 2009 – 2012
University Of California, Los Angeles • CA Clinical Research Coordinator 2003 – 2009
Charles R. Drew University, Los Angeles • CA Nurse Practitioner 2001 – 2005
Friends Health Center, Los Angeles • CA Nurse Practitioner 2001 – 2003
University Of California, Los Angeles-Extension, LA • CA Community Faculty 2000 – 2001
University Of California, Los Angeles • CA Nurse Practitioner 1996 – 2003
University Of California, School of Nursing, LA • CA Clinical Nurse III 1997 – 2001
East Valley Health Care Center Pomona • CA Nurse Practitioner 1997 – 1998
Planned Parenthood, South Bay Clinic, Torrance • CA Nurse Practitioner 1997 – 1998
Harbor Free Clinic, San Pedro • CA Nurse Practitioner 1995 – 1996
Kimberly-Olsten Quality Care, Long Beach • CA Registered Nurse 1995 – 1996
City of Long Beach DOH& Human Services, Long Beach • CA Registered Nurse 1989 – 1996
Orange County Health Department, Buena Park • CA Registered Nurse 1987 – 1989
County Of Los Angeles, Hubert Humphrey Clinic, LA • CA Registered Nurse 1987 – 1988
Doctors Home Health and Hospice, Lakewood • CA Registered Nurse 1986 – 1987
Visiting Nurse Home Health and Hospice, Los Angeles • CA Registered Nurse 1984 – 1986
Staff Builders, Long Beach • CA Registered Nurse 1983 – 1992
Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services 1992 – 2007
Taught Lamaze Prepared Childbirth Preparation curriculum to expectant couples.
University of California, Los Angeles, School of Nursing 1997 – 2001
Facilitated the “Children’s Health and Responsible Mothering” (CHARM) Intervention to pregnant
and teenage parents, in Los Angeles County High Schools
California Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 1998
Training presentation, Domestic Violence and HIV: Adding Illness to Injury.
Kaiser Permanente Hospital, Member Health 1988 – 1997/ 2005 – 2006
Taught preparedness for childbirth/vaginal birth after C-Section and grand parenting classes to members.
Kimberly-Olsten Quality Care, Orange, CA 1996
Taught breast feeding and newborn assessment course to health care professionals.
Huntington Beach High School, Huntington Beach, CA 1995
March of Dimes sponsored presentation, “Drug Babies don’t have to be.”
La Palma Inter Community Hospital, Buena Park, CA 1991 – 1993
Taught vaginal birth after C-Section, prepared childbirth and prepared childbirth refresher classes.
Western Medical Center, Santa Ana, CA 1993
Hispanic Nurses Association Presentation, Childbirth Education Conference:
“Pain Management in Labor.” Attended by health care professionals and childbirth educators.
Nursing Education Associates, Covina, CA 1985 – 1986
Taught basic intravenous therapy and blood withdrawal classes to health care professionals.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Post Masters Family Nurse Practitioner Certification, (In process, completion 5/2013)
California State University Long Beach
Master of Science Nursing, 2011
Western University of Health Sciences
Associate of Arts Degree (Nursing), 1983
Los Angeles Southwest College, Los Angeles, CA
Bachelor of Science Nursing Degree and Public Health Nurse Certificate, 2007
Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA
Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Certification, 1995
Harbor-UCLA Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Program, Torrance, CA
Colposcopy Certification Program, 2010
American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
Basic Colposcopy Certification, 2008
Harbor-UCLA Women’s Health Basic Colposcopy Program, Torrance, CA
HIV Counselor Training Certification, 1996
County of Los Angeles, Department of Public Health Programs and Services, Los Angeles, CA
Lamaze Prepared Childbirth Educator Certification, 1995
ASPO-International, Los Angeles, CA
Pregnancy Loss/Grief Counselor Certification, 1991
Saint Mary Medical Center, Long Beach, CA
Childbirth Educator Certification, 1989
Childbirth Education Association, Orange, CA
School Nurse Audiometric Certificate, 2009
Chico State University, Chico, CA
Clinical Faculty Development Program (49 Hours Supervised Teaching, 9 Hours Simulation Lab), 2009
California State University Dominguez Hills Carson CA
Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Practicum/Lab, 1995
California State University Long Beach, Long Beach, CA
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (Nu Mu Chapter – By Laws Chair); National Family Planning and Reproductive Health Association; National Association Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health; Association of Reproductive Health Professionals; Association of Women’s Health and Obstetrical Neonatal Nurses; American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; California Association of Nurse Practitioners; National Multicultural Nurses Association; National Hispanic Nurses Association; National Black Nurses Association; Oncology Nurses Society; Lamaze International; International Childbirth Education Association; Childbirth Education Association – Orange County; Past Board Member and Continuing; Education Coordinator; Past Co-Vice President
Homeless Health Care Clinic- Azusa Pacific University, Los Angeles Remote Area Medical (Women’s Health),
Long Beach Modern Day House Call (Women’s Health). St. Peter Claver Women’s Auxiliary.