The sample below is for a Pastor Resume. This resume was written by a ResumeMyCareer professional resume writer, and demonstrates how a resume for a Pastor Candidate should be properly created. Our Certified Professional Resume Writers can assist you in creating a professional document for the job or industry of your choice.
Get Started Now!
Dedicated and goal-oriented professional with valuable experience in carrying out pastoral care responsibilities and highly proficient in developing and leading comprehensive youth ministry programs based on the Church’s key values and mission statement. Dynamic and proactive leader, effective in providing leadership and direction to students and volunteers, inspires and supports members to function at their highest level. Personable and motivational communicator with strong behavioral management techniques, able to develop an exceptional rapport with all members of the church community.
Organizational Leadership • Community Outreach & Relations • Program Development
• Fundraising • Networking • Event Planning & Management • Administration
• A proven leader, able to effectively organize and facilitate church and administration activities, trips, mission outreach programs, and fundraisers for the youth.
• Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proficient in recruiting and leading volunteers and members for the Student Ministry, and in building and enhancing growth of youth groups.
• Received 2004 Barnabas Award for effectively encouraging other staff members.
• Longest Area Director on the Youth Dynamics Staff.
• Chosen as Motivational Speaker and Volunteer with Life Choices with Bellevue and Crisis Pregnancy clinic at Oak Harbor.
• Served as Speaker to the entire Freshman class of Oak Harbor High School.
• Founded Bob’s Island Getaway and Hotdoggin, an event that hundreds of students attend annually.
The Valley Calvary Chapel, Mount Vernon • WA 2007 – Present
Senior Pastor/ President/ Teacher
Oversee and implement all aspects of Ministry; providing vision and direction to Board of Directors, and demonstrating spiritual and pastoral leadership to the members. Lead service and teach weekly.
• Pioneered the establishment of the current 501c3 Non-Profit Organization.
Whidbey Island Youth Dynamics, Oak Harbor • WA 2003 – Present
Managed all aspects of the ministry area; established and coordinated with steering committee composed of local policemen, business owners, and NAS Whidbey Naval Commander and officers; collaborated with community members, high school administration, and probation officers. Handled the recruitment and hiring of staff; developed and implemented ministry reports and strategic outcome monitoring tools.
• Successfully raised 100% personal support and full funding for the area and area staff.
Gold Creek Community Church, Snohomish • WA 2001 – 2003
College and Junior High Pastor
Planned and facilitated weekly programs; led and directed volunteers, interns, and other staff.
• Developed and launched college age service for post high school adults.
Youth Unlimited, Monroe • WA 2001 – 2003
Managed interns in the implementation of a college intern program.
• Led college students on a Liverpool England trip, partnered with local community members to provide projects and work. Successfully raised 100% financial funding for the program and salaries.
Woodinville Alliance Church, Woodinville • WA 1996 – 2001
Led team of 15 adult volunteers; taught weekly; and organized monthly events, summer camps, fundraisers and mission trips.
• Increases youth group membership from 15 to more than 100 students.
Youth for Christ, Seattle • WA 1996 – 1998
Oversaw all aspects of coffee shop operations including budget; and directed an after-school program;
led a team of volunteers to work with students.
Elmview Group Home, Ellensburg • WA 1994 – 1996
Community Support Specialist
Provided patient care to developmentally disabled adults; taught social and life skills; and assisted patients with medication, daily life basic needs, transportation needs, and food administration.
Buck Creek Camp, Mount Rainer • WA Summer, 1994 & 1995
Taught leadership skills; provided mentoring and coaching to students on Outdoor Challenge Courses; established program’s vision and direction; and interviewed and hired staff for the Summer Leadership course.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Post Graduate Education, 1996 – 2001
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, 1996
Fuller Theological Seminary, 1997-1999
Western Seminary, 1999-2001
Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication, 1996
Central Washington University
Major in Speech Communication
Minor in Community Recreation
Associates in Arts Degree, 1993
Spokane Falls Community College
Secondary Diploma, 1991
Grandview High School
Member; Oak Harbor Chamber of Commerce
Member; Oak Harbor Rotary Club