The sample below is for a Patient Financial Associate Resume Sample. This resume was written by a ResumeMyCareer professional resume writer, and demonstrates how a resume for a Patient Financial Associate Resume Sample should properly be created. Our Certified Professional Resume Writers can assist you in creating a professional document for the job or industry of your choice. A professional resume writing service can significantly increase your changes of securing employment in a quick time manner.
Get Started Now!
PATIENT FINANCIAL ASSOCIATE
Dynamic and service focused professional, dedicated to guiding patients about the appropriate reimbursement sources for hospital services, with extensive experience conducting hospital registration, insurance verification, and medical billing in a customer service oriented environment. Highly reliable and detail oriented with strong understanding of medical terminology. Accustomed to working with multidisciplinary teams and other health professionals, capable of managing heavy daily patient volume, perform various administrative roles, and still able to provide reliable care to patients. Proactive with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, experienced in working with different personalities as well as working on own initiative.
Health Care Administration • Strategic Planning • Corporate Finance • Patient Financial Plans
• Client Care and Relations • Finance & Accounting • Patient Financial Assistance • Customer Service
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center • Washington, DC 12/2010 – Present
Patient Financial Associate – Infusion Clinic
Coordinate the financial aspects of patients’ care; identify and obtain information to ensure that patients’ financial needs are properly met and to appropriately process information to maximize reimbursement.
• Function as expert in reimbursement rules and act as advocate for patients on financial issues, while simultaneously providing customer service.
• Obtain preauthorization, insurance verification, eligibility, and basic benefits information on all patients receiving services from infusion unit.
• Collaborate with referring departments for patients receiving treatments on the Infusion unit, and ensure that all necessary authorizations are performed prior to patients receiving treatments.
• Serve as a resource for financial administrator for documentation of authorization to reconcile denials.
Washington Hospital Center • Washington, DC 02/2001 – 09/2010
Billing Audit Representative
Carried out auditing of patient bills in comparison with patient medical records and other documentation. Provided feedback, data, and expertise to departments regarding identified and observed billing discrepancies. Presented reports to department managers on consistent or significant billing discrepancies.
• Provided response to inquiries from insurance carriers and patients regarding billing charges.
• Coordinate purpose of patient tests, reviewed and clarified charges with departments.
• Updated and maintained documentation on departmental billing practices and charges.
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCES
Children’s Hospital • Washington, DC
Billing Coordinator 11/1998 – 02/2001
Account Specialist III 10/1986 – 11/1998
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Bachelor of Arts in Social Work, completed 60 credits
Bowie State University – Bowie, MD
Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Medical Databases: Invision, Signature, Optx