The sample below is for a Purchasing Clerk Resume. This resume was written by a ResumeMyCareer professional resume writer, and demonstrates how a resume for a Purchasing Clerk Candidate should be properly created. Our Certified Professional Resume Writers can assist you in creating a professional document for the job or industry of your choice.
Get Started Now!
A results oriented professional skilled in providing high levels of customer service, creating teamwork and collaboration, competent computer abilities, strong communication skills, and ability to take initiative and follow through on all tasks. Family is looking to relocate to San Diego County.
Purchasing Clerk Spa Resort Casino
April 2010-Present Palm Springs, California
• Maintain inventory levels to properly supply each department of the Casino
• Maintain confidentiality of all related information and documentation
• Provide information to Spa Resort Casino Management pertaining to the purchases of supplies and equipment for the Casino
• Obtain appropriate approval from department managers and General Manager prior to purchasing
• Contact vendors for cost estimates and lead times
• Open accounts with Gaming Commission approved vendors as necessary and negotiates prices and terms with vendors
• Purchase all Casino Management approved merchandise
• Follow up on all unreceived and backordered purchases
Independent Representative ACN
September 2009-April 2010 Murrieta, California
• Telecommunication sales for ACN products. For example, Directv, Dish Network, ADT Home Security, Cellular Phone Services, etc.
Web Portal Owner Market America
February 2008 –June 2009 Murrieta, California
• Build websites for small business
• Promote Market America products through networking
• Create promotion announcements
• Select products based on customer and market needs
Shipping and Receiving Clerk Wyndham Palm Springs Hotel
April 2005 – September 2007 Palm Springs, California
• Processed the daily shipping and receiving of all packages for all employees and hotel guests.
• Ensured that all packages received for hotel guests and in-house departments were delivered in a timely manner. Prepare receiving logs for all guest & in-house packages and assigned proper in-house tracking reference numbers.
• Stocked, organized and maintained dry storage room for all paper products used in Food and Beverage.
• Monitored hotel copy paper supply for all departments and placed order with vendors.
• Prepared purchase orders for non-food and beverage items in back of the house, received and accounted for all food and beverage merchandise, organized dry food storeroom, liquor room, and all walk-in refrigerators and freezers.
• Assisted kitchen with ordering supplies and food items, prepared and maintain food cost spreadsheets daily, and processed daily receiving logs of all food and beverage items received, ensured appropriate approvals on invoices and routed to Accounting for payment processing.
• Ordered all liquor and beverage items as needed for hotel bars for the Banquets department, monitored liquor on property (perpetual inventory), issued liquor to bars and room service based on daily requisitions; maintained contact with supply vendors, and prepared hosted bars for the Banquets department based on Banquet Event Orders.
• Ensured Banquet Kitchen area is clean and organized, prepared monthly inventory of all food and beverage merchandise, including tallying of items, preparation of inventory spreadsheets, audited the proper purchase price of items listed, and send final inventory sheets to Accounting immediately for proper recording.
• Performed backup replacement for the Security department as needed.
Visual Technician Swank Audio and Visual
November 1999 –December 2004 Palm Springs, California
• Conducted the set up audio, visual, and lighting equipment for all events held at the Palm Springs Convention Center and Wyndham Palm Springs Hotel.
• Ensured all equipment was operating properly and all proper safety precautions had been taken.
• Repaired any technical issues as they arose.
Purchasing and Receiving Wyndham Palm Springs Hotel
July 1997 – November 1999 Palm Springs, California
• Oversaw the daily shipping and receiving of all packages on an as needed basis for all employees and hotel guests.
• Ensured all packages received for hotel guests and in-house departments are delivered in a timely manner.
• Prepared receiving logs for all guest & in-house packages and assign proper in-house tracking reference numbers.
• Ordered of all inventory needed for all food and beverage outlets and banquet functions.
• Maintained inventory for all departments; working continuously and communicating with all departments with correspondence utilizing Microsoft Windows 98-01 and Excel.
Security Guard Las Casuelas Terraza.
May 1997 – May 1998 Palm Springs, California
• Provided door and bar security, ensured all guests were following proper public behavior when in the presence of alcohol; and maintained safe entertainment environment.
Manufacturing Technician Augat Aster Fiber Optics.
December 1996 – May 1997 Hopkington, Massachusetts
• Performed the manufacturing of fiber optic couplers for telephone and cable companies; assembled and tested fiber optic couplers; worked with high tech computer equipment to ensure proper manufacturing.
Security Guard First Security & Milford Security
May 1996 – April 1997 Milford, Massachusetts
• Patrolled and secured government buildings, apartment complexes, and shopping centers.
• Assisted and escorted individuals when needed; maintained rapport with other officers; monitored all security cameras; oversaw all safety issues to ensure proper procedures are being met and followed.
Liberal Arts, Business & Hotel Management High School Diploma
College of the Desert Palm Springs High School
Palm Desert, California Palm Springs, California
Current California guard card expires March 31, 2012 (#G1672996)