The sample below is for a Special Education Teacher Resume. This resume was written by a ResumeMyCareer professional resume writer, and demonstrates how a resume for a Special Education Teacher Candidate should be properly created. Our Certified Professional Resume Writers can assist you in creating a professional document for the job or industry of your choice.
Get Started Now!
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
Versatile and dedicated teaching professional with vast experience adapting and modifying general education curriculum to enable student success and possesses a solid focus on the individual needs of identified and Special Education students. Dynamic and highly motivated professional with a strong desire to integrate assistive technology and multimedia into classroom setting and experienced in addressing student needs, ensuring children will thrive and develop in an adaptable educational atmosphere. Strong interpersonal and communication skills coupled with firm behavioral management techniques, able to develop an excellent rapport with all members of the school community.
Program/Curriculum Development • Needs Assessment • Relationship Management • Student Motivation
• Technology Integration • Individualized Education Plans
CAREER SKILLS AND HIGHLIGHTS
• Differentiate Math and ELA instruction to meet the needs of students with disabilities such as speech and language disorders, learning disabilities, and emotional disorders.
• Continuously monitor student progress while implementing appropriate behavior management systems
• Conduct Functional Behavior Assessments and design Behavior Intervention Plans to meet individual student needs.
• Adjusted to varying classroom conditions according to grade level, lesson topic, and existing behavioral management plans.
• Implemented lesson plans focusing on test-taking strategies and lifelong learning skills through reading and writing.
• Developed cross-curricular thematic units incorporating multiple learning styles and modalities.
• Built rapport with students, staff, and administration to help create a positive school community.
Special Education Teacher, Grades 3, 5, ICT New York City Dept. of Education 09/2009 – Present
Per Diem Substitute Teacher, Grades K-12 Manchester-Shortsville Central School District 09/2004 – 04/2007
Summer in the City Intern, Grade 4 New York City Dept. of Education 07/2006 – 08/2006
Student Teacher, Grade 1 Newark Central School District 10/2005 – 12/2005
Student Teacher, Grades 7-8 Rochester City School District 09/2005 – 10/2005
Student Intern, Grades K-2 Penfield Central School District 05/2005 – 06/2005
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
M.A. in Psychology in Education, 02/2009
Teachers College, Columbia University
B.A. in Psychology, 05/2006
Nazareth College of Rochester
GPA Overall 3.81/4.0, GPA Psychology 3.86/4.0
2010: Malingering of Memory Impairment in Defendants Undergoing Competency to Proceed to Trial Evaluations,
Eastern Psychological Association, New York, NY
2009: Detecting Malingering of Memory Impairment in a Forensic Population, Eastern Psychological Association,
2009: Assessment of Cognitive Functioning in Older Adult Defendants Undergoing Competency to Proceed Evaluations,
New York State Psychological Association, Saratoga Springs, NY